Are you running out of ideas for your blog? You might consider pre-written content like Private Label Rights or PLR articles to fill your content needs. These are articles that you can use, edit, or alter any way you want for free or at a certain price.
They are cheap and easy to access. The question is, will it be a good idea to use them for personal use or for a company blog? If yes, then where you can find the best ones? Find out the advantages and disadvantages of using PLR articles to your website, should you decide to use one.
What is a PLR?
A PLR is an article you can edit or publish under your name because the author already sold his or her intellectual property rights to the work. In other words, you have the power to claim the article as your own. The only thing you can’t do is sell the rights to someone else.
A PLR is actually not limited to written work. It can be a website template, a video, a tutorial, a graphics, and even software. These types of products are usually sold in packages at a price way lower than custom-created content.
Buying a PLR is a nice way to build your blog content and make money with content marketing. It’s not a bad idea to use PLR articles especially if you are busy managing your business and you don’t want to hire a writer.
Free vs Paid PLR Articles
A simple Google search will show you tons of free PLR article packages. It’s tempting to download them, especially if you are just starting out. While I have nothing against free PLR articles, it’s worth noting that they are spread across the entire web. I can’t imagine how many people used that same article over and over again!
Using a free PLR article might work if you’re pretty good at editing and proofreading. You can add a bit more to the article to make it unique. However, modifying the article like inserting new info into it or adding relevant links may take more time than you expect that you rather come up with an original piece.
Apart from this, it will be impossible to rank on search engines by posting the PLR as it is because it’s going to be a duplicate content. If you have read my Tips on Winning Readers, you know the importance of having a clear branding and message. A free PLR article posted as it is will not sound like you. Worse, it will not help you stand out.
Content marketers who resort to free PLR articles either don’t have the time or the resources to create a unique blog post and that’s completely comprehensible
What I don’t understand is the fact that many people don’t bother editing these articles to make it more personal.
Instead of using free content, I suggest subscribing to PLR websites because there are paid PLR content that are of good quality. Many of these articles already have an impeccable grammar you don’t need to do much proofreading at all.
The best part about using paid PLR content is that they are limited to a certain number of buyers, unlike free content that can be accessible to anyone as long as it’s posted on a website.
Believe it or not, they are still less expensive than a crafted content. It’s a win-win situation for content marketers struggling to find a good topic for their next blog post!
If you are looking for a place where you can find articles much better than the free ones, I recommend Growth Commander.
I agree when they said targeted Pinterest traffic is one of the best types of traffic you can get. As a blogger for years now, I have seen how Pinterest helped me increase my traffic.
But what I like most about this website is they have a tool that lets you see what keyword and topics can help you improve your visitors from Google. The database does not only favor a certain audience. Whether you are a blogger or an eCom store owner, you can take advantage of the features they have.
More Sources of PLR Articles
When your blog is targeting a specific niche, here are some of the PLR websites I recommend:
- Piggy Makes Bank – Tracy and Susanne’s site is one of the few PLR sites where you can access free packs in great quality. If you own a lifestyle blog then this page is worth checking for high-quality content.
- Tools for Motivation – if you have a self-help site and you cannot seem to help yourself in publishing a new blog post, this site can give access to good personal development content.
- Publish for Prosperity – this site is specially created for coaches, speakers, and publishers who need practical, high-value content with private label rights.
- Master PLR – Geoff & Susan O’Dea will give you free article pack and discount offers when you join them today. Their articles are ideal for those in the health and wellness niche.
- KitchenBloggers.com – when you are looking for food blog tips and tutorials, this website is one of the best ones out there. Besides the ready-to-publish content, they also offer one-on-one personal coaching for food bloggers.
- Whole Food PLR – it’s owned by Rachel Youngson, who has been creating Paleo and Whole Food content since 2014.
- Coach Glue – this website offers coaching forms, letters, coaching workshops, and coaching planners and content at a friendly rate.
- Daily Faith PLR – it’s a great place to look for reports, devotionals, and even social graphics related to faith.
- DFYTemplates – it’s one of the few sites specially created for online marketers. They have fill-in-the-blanks and tested marketing templates you can access when you subscribe.
- Best Buy PLR – they have lots of puzzles, coloring, journals, and planners so it’s a good place to go to when you have a children’s website.
For general topics, here are the sites worth checking:
- PLR Productions – they have articles and reports in a variety of niche. They also have social media packages where you can find social media quotes, timeline covers, and infographics.
- PLR Mini Mart – writer Tiffany Lambert’s PLR costs $1 per page. You can alter them any way you want and use them for any purposes but you can’t pass along usage rights to others or even use her name on the content.
- IDPLR – members can have an instant access to more than 12,000 PLR products which they can resell and keep 100% of the profits.
- Internet Slayers PLR – JR Lang’s website contains a massive collection of articles, eBooks, and videos on a wide range of niches. A package containing 10 articles ranges from $8-$17.
- Easy PLR – their articles are ready to publish because aside from the writer working on the packs, they also have editors who check it before they are posted on the website.
- Content Shortcuts – as the name suggests, you don’t always need to take the long route when there’s a way to make your job easier. Check them out because they give free packs on business, fitness, and self-help niches from time to time.
- HQ PLR Store – join them and have access to their “success kits” like the Instagram Marketing Success Kit and the YouTube Marketing Success Kit.
- All Private Label Content – the topics range from self-improvement and marketing to health and wellness. Apart from PLR, they also offer Resell Rights or PLR that you can sell.
- PLR Nook – you can find general topics here and the best part is that they are written and edited by Native English speakers.
- Flaming Hot PLR – they have topics you don’t usually find in other sites, like alternative birthing and ADHD PLR articles.
How to Use PLR Content to Grow Your Business
- Make it unique. Edit the content so it will fit your brand message. Believe it or not, you don’t always have to start from scratch when creating something your community will love. When it comes to creating a blogging strategy that builds a brand, I look up to bloggers like Neil Patel for advice.
- Use them to grow your email list. At a time when you can easily grow followers using social media, is it still important to build your mailing list? Yes, and you may use a PLR content to grow your list like crazy!
- Share them on your social media pages. PLR content are not just made for blog posts. Short PLR articles are also ideal for social media sharing. Get parts of it and post with a stunning photo to catch your audience’s interest.
- Make an infographic out of it. Take the most important stuff from your package and include them in your infographic. Canva is a nice place to edit visuals because there are a lot of ready-made templates you can use for free.
- Use them as podcast scripts. Get a readymade content and expand it, so it will not sound fully scripted when you read it aloud. Most importantly, inject your personality and branding into the PLR script. Think of adding some punchline if you’re really doing it in your previous podcasts. You can even tell an interesting story to connect with your listeners.
When used right, PLR articles can save bloggers time and money. Using PLR content is actually a good strategy, just make sure you are doing it properly so you will still be able to deliver quality content your followers will love!